Basic Asset ViewHelper
Places the contents of the asset (the tag body) directly in the additional header content of the page. This most basic possible version of an Asset has only the core features shared by every Asset type:
- a "name" attribute which is required, identifying the Asset by a lowerCamelCase or lowercase_underscored value, your preference (but lowerCamelCase recommended for consistency).
- a "dependencies" attribute with a CSV list of other named Assets upon which the current Asset depends. When used, this Asset will be included after every asset listed as dependency.
- a "group" attribute which is optional and is used ty further identify the Asset as belonging to a particular group which can be suppressed or manipulated through TypoScript. For example, the default value is "fluid" and if TypoScript is used to exclude the group "fluid" then any Asset in that group will simply not be loaded.
- an "overwrite" attribute which if enabled causes any existing asset with the same name to be overwritten with the current Asset instead. If rendered in a loop only the last instance is actually used (this allows Assets in Partials which are rendered in an f:for loop).
- a "debug" property which enables output of the information used by the current Asset, with an option to force debug mode through TypoScript.
- additional properties which affect how the Asset is processed. For a full list see the argument descriptions; the same settings can be applied through TypoScript per-Asset, globally or per-Asset-group.
Note: there are no static TypoScript templates for VHS but you will find a complete list in the README.md file in the root of the extension folder.
content string, required
Content to insert in header/footer
path string, required
If not using tag content, specify path to file here
external boolean, required
If TRUE and standalone, includes the file as raw URL. If TRUE and not standalone then downloads the file and merges it when building Assets
name string, required
Optional name of the content. If multiple occurrences of the same name happens, behavior is defined by argument "overwrite"
overwrite boolean, required
If set to FALSE and a relocated string with "name" already exists, does not overwrite the existing relocated string. Default behavior is to overwrite.
dependencies string, required
CSV list of other named assets upon which this asset depends. When included, this asset will always load after its dependencies
group string, required
Optional name of a logical group (created dynamically just by using the name) to which this particular asset belongs.
debug boolean, required
If TRUE, outputs information about this ViewHelper when the tag is used. Two master debug switches exist in TypoScript; see documentation about Page / Asset ViewHelper
standalone boolean, required
If TRUE, excludes this Asset from any concatenation which may be applied
rewrite boolean, required
If FALSE, this Asset will be included as is without any processing of contained urls
fluid boolean, required
If TRUE, renders this (standalone or external) Asset as if it were a Fluid template, passing along values of the "arguments" attribute or every available template variable if "arguments" not specified
variables anySimpleType, required
An optional array of arguments which you use inside the Asset, be it standalon or inline. Use this argument to ensure your Asset filenames are only reused when all variables used in the Asset are the same
allowMoveToFooter boolean, required
If TRUE, allows this Asset to be included in the document footer rather than the header. Should never be allowed for CSS.
trim boolean, required
DEPRECATED. Trim is no longer supported. Setting this to TRUE doesn't do anything.
namedChunks boolean, required
If FALSE, hides the comment containing the name of each of Assets which is merged in a merged file. Disable to avoid a bit more output at the cost of transparency